PEOPLE COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABLE FISH AND VEGETABLE PRODUCTION
NerBreen is a sustainable aquaculture developer and producer which arose from the synergy between two companies:
- BREEN, a biotechnology developer of innovative and sustainable aquaculture methods usingvarious biological tools. AQUAPONICS.
- NER Group, an association of diverse organisations united by the New Style of Relations which share experiences, synergies and
knowledge. They join forces to improve, advance, be more efficient and achieve better results. It’s an association which is clearly concerned for society and supports Human Development which is Fair and Sustainable.
At NerBreen, we develop fish and vegetable cultivation systems and annually produce up to 70 tonnes of fish and 20 tonnes of vegetables. We manage our resources sustainably, including water, energy and fish food.
TRY OUR 100% NATURAL FISH AND VEGETABLES
At our Hondarribia facility we currently produce up to 70 tonnes of tilapia, 12 tonnes of several varieties of top-quality local tomatoes, 7 tonnes of Mara de Bois strawberries (highly valued for their intense flavour), up to 10,000 heads of frisée and an extensive range of aromatic herbs.
The entire production system is free from chemicals, insecticides, bactericides, fungicides, etc. Our cultivation is 100% organic.
We have two sizes of fish – portions weighing between 400 and 600 grams, and fish weighing roughly 1,000 grams suitable for filleting, baking, etc.
AQUACULTURE PRODUCTS AND VEGETABLES
Our Hondarribia facility produces up to 70 tonnes of fish, 12 tonnes of tomatoes, 7 tonnes of strawberries and various lettuce varieties and aromatic herbs. It has a total cultivation surface area of 6,000 m2 distributed as follows.
- 1600 m2 for aquaculture
- 3000 m2 for vegetable production
- 80 m2 for vermiculture and composting
- <600 m2 for storing rainwater captured in our green houses
- 500 m2 for service installations, storage and general use
- 200 m2 for our hatchery, nursery and aquaculture reproduction